Monday, July 09, 2007

Americans and Energy

A recent Gallup Poll showed energy as the fourth most-important priority for Americans , below Iraq, terrorism and national security, and the economy.

Americans prefer energy conservation over increased production, and a majority also favors tougher emissions standards and developing alternative energy sources.

I don't think anything clarifies the attitude of many Americans as much as the following statement --
"It's not that Americans don't want to be environmentally friendly, it's just that we don't have much of a choice," Cristian Crespo wrote. "As an SUV driver, telling me that my only alternative is a Toyota Prius or a Honda Civic is like telling me to eat beef jerky when I'm used to filet mignon."


Have we reached the energy tipping point? - CNN.com

No comments: