Saturday, June 14, 2008

Verizon DSL Tech Support - Kudos!

In the past I have not had good experiences with Verizon DSL Tech Support. So when I couldn't get my new MacBook to wirelessly connect to my router, I was not looking gleefully forward to calling that dreaded number again.

Things started in the usual, anticipated way. First call, bad connection, had to hang up and retry. Second call, worked my way through the annoying menu system and finally got directed to Mac DSL support. Held for several minutes before an automated voice announces they are over capacity, please hang up and retry later. Call number 3, the voice recognition suddenly seems to have become hearing-impaired necessitating at least three repetitions of every command. Finally, however, I reach a real live tech support human.

This guy was fantastic! He quickly diagnosed the problem (needed modem/router firmware upgraded) and walked me through the process. Once we got the MacBook online, the iPod Touch went offline. So, he worked to resolve that issue. He was extremely courteous, pleasant and competent. 

This is my first Verizon Tech Support issue that didn't end up with me frustrated, angry and demanding a supervisor. Big props to this individual!!

No comments: