Monday, December 01, 2008

Netflix Watch Instantly Revisited

Image representing Netflix as depicted in Crun...Image by via CrunchBaseA couple of weeks ago I posted a piece about Netflix Watch Instantly becoming available to Mac users like myself. After having had some time to play with it, I'm more convinced than ever that this is a really good thing. I've had a chance to browse the available titles. There is a lot of TV as well as theatrical films. I don't know the total number of available selections, but I'm pretty sure you'll have no trouble finding something you like.

As a fan of British TV, I was pleased to find a fairly respectable catalog of comedies and dramas, including a large selection of Dr. Who episodes. The quality is reasonably good, even in full screen. The load time is quite short. In a few minutes you'll be watching your selection.

I don't think you can watch part of a movie now and pick it up where you left off later. I need to experiment with that some more. I do like that you'll get a tip when a movie in your rental queue is available for instant viewing.

I am very pleased so far, now I need to get the mindset that I can watch movies any time I want to.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: