Wednesday, May 06, 2009

You Say Tomato ...

In the spring of 2008, I saw the TV ad for the TopsyTurvy tomato planter. I am not one to buy the wacky things from TV ads, but I thought I saw some potential here for some good eatin'!

Anyway, it took a really long time to get the planter. The seller claimed overwhelming demand, and it was the end of June before I got it. So, I put it away fro this spring.

Last week, I stopped by a greenhouse and picked up four tomato plants (They wouldn't sell fewer). Today I set the thing up with two plants, as the directions said either one or two plants would be fine. I gave the other two to a neighbor who is also trying this thing out.

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

I'll try to keep you posted on the results as the summer progresses and, hopefully, my tomato crop explodes.

No comments: