Monday, March 23, 2009

No, I Really Don't Want to Buy Your Product

This past weekend, I spent far too much time watching the first two rounds of the NCAA men's basketball tournament. I love it, though, and look forward to the big dance from the first tip of the season.

One really troublesome consequence of watching all this hoop action is that I tend to see the same commercials over and over. Some are good and I don't mind, the Pacific Life "whales" ad, for example. Unfortunately, many are annoying and that is only exacerbated through repetition.

Here are some of those I find most irksome ...
  • the Chevy truck "man step" ad with Howie Long
  • the Fidelity "green line" ads
  • the Charles Schwab ads which are posterized
  • any Lexus ad
  • the Sonic "basketball injury" ad
  • the Enterprise "grandma" ad
  • the Burger King breakfast shots ad

I suppose irritating potential customers is a sound marketing strategy during tough economic times. What do I know?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: