Sunday, June 10, 2007

Whad' Ya Know at Penn State


Yesterday, I attended a presentation of Michael Feldman's live radio show, Whad' Ya Know?, at Penn State's Eisenhower Auditorium.

I've been a fan of Whad' Ya Know? since it first aired on WPSU several years ago. I try to listen to at least some of the show every Saturday.

Whad' Ya Know? is a unique comedy-interview-music-game show featuring a fair amount of audience participation hosted by Michael Feldman. Feldman is joined by announcer Jim Packard, and band members John Thulin, Jeff Hamann, and Clyde Stubblefield.

It's always interesting to actually see people you've known only through their voices, how do they compare to the images of them you've created in your mind. Feldman was not all that different from what I had imagined, a bit shorter and a physical resemblance to Robin Williams I thought. Jim Packard was the biggest surprise. I knew he was an older man, but I had imagined him as being more robust rather than the tall, thin man he actually is.

I didn't think it was one of their best shows, but in all fairness, Feldman and his companions had to drive most of the night from Detroit after having three flights cancelled. However, I still found it very entertaining. I am very glad to have had the opportunity to see it in person.

No comments: