Monday, August 21, 2006

You Can Fool Some of the People ...

In the last two weeks, I've noticed a new advertising tack from SUV/Pickup advertisers. They now feature the total distance you can travel on a tank of gas. So! If I put a big enough fuel tank in my gas-guzzler, I can travel any distance I want.

Wow! Look at our SUV. Five hundred miles on one full tank.

If my Super Hammer Trak averages a mere 10 mpg, but I put in a 50 gallon tank, I can travel 500 miles on that full tank. On the other hand, if my two-door Speck is averaging a respectable 25 mpg with a 20 gallon tank, I can still travel 500 miles on a tankful.

They must think we're incredibly simple-minded. Oh, yeah. They're mostly right!

Part 2

I'm terribly annoyed by the tendency of health care types to name every medical ailment acronymically, ADD, CPOD, RLS, AMI, PDL, TBI, and on and on. I thought a PDA was something to keep your calendar and contacts handy. Guess not. PDA is Posterior Descending Artery.

I think it's another aspect of MPM (medieval priest mentality), we have to speak in code so the morons don't catch on.

No comments: