Saturday, June 17, 2006

Photo Sites



I've been playing with cameras and photos and online photo services a lot lately. I like Snapfish the best. Kodak Easy Share is convenient because I can upload directly from Photoshop Elements. Easy Share, contrary to its title, is not really easy to use, being somewhat counter-intuitive. Sony Image Station is also good, but like Kodak Easy Share, uploading from a camera phone or by email is an added cost option. This feature is part of the free service at Snapfish. Snapfish also offers the least expensive prints (as low as $0.10 to $0.12, 4x6). Kodak Easy Share - $0.15, Image Station $0.12, Webshots - $0.19, Y! Photos - $0.15

I found Webshots a bit difficult to use, but not extraordinarily so. It does allow hosting images for use in blogs, websites, etc. But I had a problem getting that to work.

I had used Yahoo! Photos for a long time, but it fell behind in features and flexibility. There is a new Yahoo! Photos in beta which I have signed up for but it hasn't yet come online for me.

I've also experimented with Flickr and Zooomr which are both principally for public sharing of photos, and not really what I want.

AOL Pictures isn't too bad, but I had uploading problems, and the AOL Picture Tools only support Internet Explorer.

No comments: